Monday, April 6, 2009

Date Night

This past Saturday evening (and I've been meaning to write this post since then) me and my hubby decided to go out on a date night. We arranged for my parents to babysit, which didn't take a whole lot of convincing. You see, Linden is still cute. So we went out for a nice supper and were only asked once how we managed to get out of the house sans kiddo. After dinner we met up with another couple and proceeded to go to the local Legion for karoake. And since, my mom had picked up the kiddo and lives only a block from he Legion, it was arranged that we would walk there at the end of the night and she would drive us home. So this meant that neither one of us (which really means me) had to be the designated driver.

All was going great, until my "friend" and I use the term lightly because I totally believe that friends don't let friends make fools out of themselves, decided that I needed to sing and put my name on the board. Well, here lies my dilema, I have a really hard time going out to the bars and such in our town.... You see, alot of people that attend these events, I have had the pleasure of dealing with professionaly. I know who they are, they all know where I work and also the fact that I spend alot of time with members of law enforcement. So everytime we go out anywhere I have this constant inner struggle. When I'm dealing with these people on a professional basis I'm a representative of the RCMP, and now all of a sudden, just because I'm not at work, it's alright for me to make a fool out of myself. I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does and it's something not many people outside of law enforcement, especially law enforcement in a small town can understand. I can hear the Sgt. now, "Use the uniform for good, not evil"..........

Even with the internal struggle I was having, I had a great time with hubby and our friends. But I did miss my little boy and was happy to be home.

No comments: