Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Organization, routines, and other sanity boosters.....

I admit it, I'm a sucker for routines, lists, schedules, well really anything that will keep me organized and sane. It's now been six weeks since Linden was born, and I'd like to think we're getting into a routine. Well, maybe not a routine, but things are definitely becoming less chaotic. Linden is only waking up twice a night now, and really the second time is usually between 4:30 and 6:00, and in my opinion (which has changed greatly in the last six months) if the sun is up, it's no longer night. And since I've been feeling better and more like my old self again, we've started exercising more. Pretty much every morning after Linden and I both have breakfast and are dressed for the day, we go for a walk up town. Sometimes we'll just walk and get the mail and others we'll go into a couple of stores. It all depends on what needs to be done and when.

The other plus of me feeling better is the joy of cleaning has once again returned to my life after a brief break. And now I actually have the energy to clean. So whenever Linden is sleeping, or in his swing (which he loves) I'll putter around and clean. It may take me all day to clean a couple of rooms but it gets done. I must take a moment to mention that Ido believe Garrett has caught a bit of my cleaning bug. Since Linden's been born, he has been a big help around the house. Granted he didn't really have a choice the first couple of weeks since having a C-section left me pretty well useless and he had to take on the chore of laundry since the washer and dryer are in our basement. But even since then I'll catch him cleaning up the kitchen or sorting the dirty laundry, all stuff that he would do before, but only after I had a temper tantrum.

But, long story short, since all this talk of cleaning is making me want to go clean or organize something, I must say that I'm feeling more like my old self, just new and improved with even better multitasking abilites, and while life is definitely different with Linden around, it's so much better and I couldn't imagine him not being here.

No comments: