Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Saying good-bye....

In the last three weeks I've had to say goodbye to two amazing people. Two of my favorite people from work have been transferred to other RCMP detachments and work just isn't going to be the same without them when I go back in November. One of them got an amazing opportunity to work in the Forensic Ident section in The Pas and we all couldn't be happier for him because this is where he excels and the other on is moving up to the Northwest Territories to a small (and I mean small, the last census had the population at 850) town, where the nearest town is 250 kilometers away.

While saying goodbye to the officer going to The Pas was tough, he is a really sweet man who would do anything for anyone without giving it a second thought (he has the broken nose to prove it), it was even tougher to say goodbye to the other officer. You see, I would like to think that me and him were more than just co-workers, we were friends, with each other as well as with eachother's spouse. When I found out I was pregnant, he was one of the first people at work I told and the excitement he had was unbelievable. You always hear how the RCMP is a family, well they really are and for this reason I had a really hard time saying goodbye. But I did and managed to do it without crying. I will admit though, I got a little teary eyed while the S/SGT was giving his farewell speech, but I managed to keep it in check.

I wish both officers and their families the best of luck in their new postings and truly hope they enjoy the adventures that come along with moving to a new place. I know that somewhere, sometime we will all meet again and while they are hundreds or thousands of kilometers away, they are always in my thoughts.

No comments: