Sunday, March 29, 2009

And the award goes to

The award to which I refer is the "Mother of the Year Award". And I highly doubt I'll be getting it. Linden is becoming quite mobile which would not be a bad thing except for the fact that he has no fear. Add on top of this new found mobility the fact that he is cutting his two top teeth to go along with the bottom two and you have disaster in the making. This morning, while walking along the furniture Linden took a little spill and smacked his mouth on his wooden rocking chair and cut his top lip open. There was blood everywhere...... okay.... not everwhere just mostly on my white top. The good news... he'll survive, it barely slowed him down. The bad news, and the evidence of my not getting the mother of the year award.........



That's right. My boy is crying because he hurt himself, hubby is mocking him and I'm taking pictures. But of course we made sure he was okay first.

MOTHER OF THE YEAR HERE I COME!

1 comment:

**kirsten** said...

"hubby is mocking him and I'm taking pictures" - That made me laugh so much.

You are a good mom & I'm so proud of you for a)taking pictures because playing with paper is no fun without pictures and b) learning quickly that they aren't made of glass and bumps and blood are inevitable. I'd like to think if my kids (Owen in particular) have taught you anything it's that it happens....and most of the time you don't need your best friend to rush you and your kid to the ER.

and....you may want to call Stormy and get a bottle of that Norwex Odour Eliminator stuff for blood stains.