Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday's.... gotta love em..... NOT

Who ever it was that coined the term "pigs" when referring to police officers must have spent some time in my office. Sometimes I wonder whether I work in a police detachment or a daycare centre. And Monday's have to be the worst day. Why you ask? Because the officers are left completely unstupidvised all weekend and come Monday morning when the office staff gets to work, the office is usually in such a mess that it takes about an hour to get things organized enough to start work. You see, Monday through Friday there are three of us "support staff" but really we run that place and a good portion of our day is spent organizing (one of many reasons I love my job) and making sure things are in their correct places. All in the quest of avoiding the inevitable Wes-o-gram.

So imagine leaving 6 teenage boys home alone all weekend, well the same can be said about the mess 6 officers can leave in a weekend. And heaven forbid we have "guests" because Bill the guard, bless his heart, always brings the treats. But again, like teenagers, my officers are totally incapable of taking the empty chip bag off the filing cabinet and putting it in the garbage. "I'm allergic to the bag" one said to me when called on his inability to throw things out. I replied in true Carrie fashion "You're going to allergic alright, to my foot up your a$$!!!" The worst part is surprisingly not the food everywhere. What bugs me the most is that the last thing I do everyday before going home is make sure my desk is nice and clean, coffee cup washed and ready for the next day, files tidied, a place for everything and everything in it's place (have I mentioned I'm self-diagnosed OCD). And nothing irks me more than coming to work on Monday morning and having to spend 30 minutes finding all my stuff. Come on really, you didn't think I would notice my coffee cup gone.... it has my name on it!!! As does my stapler and various other office related tools. Coming in and finding my desk a mess, with files just strewn over it, is enough to make me want to walk out the door and go home.

Sidenote: I was told by my Sergeant not to be a smart a$$ one day. I told him, "But that's what Carrie's do best." He had no chance but to agree with me.

Hey! I never said I was any more mature than the people I work with. I just clean up after myself.

1 comment:

**kirsten** said...

"Come on really, you didn't think I would notice my coffee cup gone.... it has my name on it!!! "

That made me laugh!

Remember....don't kick em too hard. That stress fracture in your foot can't take that kind of abuse.

BTW....I tagged you on my blog today so now you have to write a new post for me to read.

~K