Sunday, March 15, 2009

spring is in the air

And I am loving it. Not only does it mean that sometime in the near future winter will end but it also means that I can again open my windows. I'm one of the weird people who love the smell of fresh air and as soon as it's not minus 1 million degrees outside, my windows are open.

What else does the coming of spring bring.... SPRING CLEANING!!!!!

And I do love to spring clean. Out with the old and in with the new. On my agenda for my spring cleaning this year is to convince hubby that he needs to clean out his closet and dresser and get rid of all his old clothes that he doesn't wear. I swear he had shirts he has never ever worn, but heaven forbid I throw them out or rather donate them to the second hand store. We usually do the later. So that covers the out with the old. What's the in with the new you might be asking yourself .

Well here it is, nothing fancy, but we decided that we wanted a new bed. Did we need a new bed? Probably not. But we both have been wanting to get a king-sized bed for a while now, so yesterday we drove into Winnipeg in father in law's truck and proceeded to buy a new bed. I can't wait to sleep in it tonight.

So today has been a combination of my usual cleaning routine, laundry, taking apart the old bed, putting together the new bed, getting odd little jobs done around the house, and all this while hubby is away at a hockey game. I do get more done when he's not around. My dad came over and installed our new thermostat. Our new one is digital and programmable. I'm so excited to see if it saves me the 33% on my hydro bill that the package says.

Well, the bathrooms are not cleaning themselves......... someone should definitely invent a self-cleaning bathroom. I would totally buy four of them.

No comments: